Bin Jacker School - Free Grain Bin Jacking Instruction
Bin Jacker Supply offers free classes that provide training, demonstrating repairs, and total rebuilding of all Simes style jacks. Bin Jacker Supply has Veteran Bin Jacker, Tom Schorn and Master Jack Builder, Gary Hoover instructing how to be safe, efficient and sharing some of the tricks they've picked up over the years. Classes are typically held during January in Canton, SD. Bin Jacking School is open to people of all experience levels and is FREE.
Bin Jacking School 2016 dates
Friday, January 13th, 2017
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Friday, January 27th, 2017
Agenda (subject to change)
- 8:00am - 9:00am Breakfast and socializing (courtesy of Gary Hoover)
- 9:00am - 12:00pm Instruction, guided conversation
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm Lunch and socializing (courtesy of Tom Schorn)
- 12:30pm - 3:30pm A complete teardown and rebuilding of a Simes style grain bin jack
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm Socializing and dismissal
Bin Jacking School Information
- There is no charge to attend
- There are no tests or quizzes
- You decide your level of participation
- This is a casual gathering, come as you are
- There is open discussion, Q&A sessions and breaks for small group conversations
- Food, snacks and drinks are provided all day long
- Class is held in the historic Crawford building
- Bin Jacker Supply equipment, tools and Gear Silk® grain bin jack oil is available for you to check out or to purchase. You will not be pressured to buy anything.
Gary Hoover showing how to tear down and rebuild a Simes style grain bin jack.
Bin Jacking School Topics Include
- OSHA and other government inspectors
- Safety and first aid
- Changes in the industry
- A complete grain bin jack teardown and rebuild
- Techinques and tips to make your jobs run more efficiently and profitable
- Leadership skills and crew motivation
- The importance of "Tool Box Meetings"
- "Training the trainer" to be a better leader
Tom Schorn socialing at Bin Jacking School 2012.
If you are interested in joining us or would like to send key members of your crew, please contact us to reserve your spot.
City of Canton, South Dakota
Canton is located on highway 18, approximately 20 miles south and east of Sioux Falls, SD. Canton's population is approximately 3000 people. Canton, SD offers 1 motel, a grocery store, local restaurant, bars and fast food like Dairy Queen, Subway and Taco Johns. More information is available on the City of Canton's website.